She prepared this delicious salsa and passed out samples to market shoppers.
Tomatillo and Yellow Plum Salsa
- 8 tomatillos, husked and chopped
- 4 yellow plums, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In medium bowl, combine tomatillos, plums, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and stir to combine all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Makes 1 1/2 – 2 Cups (depending on size of fruit)
If the season for yellow plums has passed, substitute 1 cup finely chopped honeydew or canteloupe.